Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Vanilla sugar


Vanilla sugar, originally uploaded by chrisfreeland2002.

So this is the easiest, tastiest way to dress up sugar, ever. Put sugar in an airtight container, bury a piece of vanilla bean in it, and store in a cool place away from direct light. From time to time, shake the container to stir up the contents. After a week or two you'll have vanilla flavored sugar, perfect for adding some oomph to coffee or dressing up whipped cream.

Trust me, you'll love this sugar. And it smells like heaven.



Chris Freeland
cfreeland27 (at) gmail.com

2 comments:

UDCMRK said...

Do you have any preference of vanilla beans? Mexican or Madagascar? I've been tempted to purchase some from my favorite spice store (Penzeys)but never had a good excuse to use them.

Chris Freeland said...

Hmm...no, I guess I don't have a preference. I've used Penzey's Madagascar because it says it's the world's best on the packaging - I'm a sucker for advertising. I think these beans actually came from World Market!